Meadow Lane Stadium
Notts County FC Football in the Community
Who we are
Notts County Football in the Community are a regional sports development charity serving the people of Nottinghamshire. We use the power of Sport and Notts County FC to engage and empower local communities. We are a multi award winning, independent sports development charity. Registered charity number 1091927.
We were established as a community organisation in 1989, meaning that in 2019, we proudly celebrate 30 years of operations. We are proud to deliver a range of innovative programmes that make a positive difference to people in Nottingham, raising aspirations and supporting some of the most disadvantaged, marginalised and talented people across the city. We use the power of football and the profile of the world’s oldest football league club, Notts County FC, to provide direction and support.
We are committed to providing high quality, accessible and life-changing, development opportunities that change people’s health, confidence and skills, increase positive behaviours and bring enjoyment to the people we work with. As a charity, we raise all our own funding and are successful at designing innovative projects that target specific groups of local people. We work with a wide range of groups across Nottingham on a daily basis of all ages, abilities and disabilities.
What we do
Our outcomes S.H.I.N.E- We impact positively on Sport, Health, Inclusion, NCS and Educational outcomes. We also operate and manage the Portland Leisure Centre, our Community hub within the heart of the Meadows.
Our organisation has been developed into five key areas:
- Health and Well-being: We deliver a range of healthy lifestyle, disabilities, weight management and mental health projects to a range of ages, making a huge difference to participants’ long-term health.
- Education: We deliver multiple education projects in school, as well as directly educating young people aged 14 to 18 on a full-time basis in our alternative provision (Heading for Goal) and our BTEC courses.
- Social inclusion: We have a range of projects targeting marginalised groups including boys and men with mental health issues; teenagers at risk of crime or already involved in gangs and youth violence and children in care.
- Sports participation: We promote the benefits of sports and activity from a physical, mental and social point-of-view and work with people of all ages, abilities and disabilities to increase sports participation.
- National Citizen Service: Notts County FITC is the largest and most successful provider of NCS in the region. A government-funded project, it is a unique opportunity for 15-17 year olds to come together with other young people that they wouldn’t ordinarily have met in their day to day lives.
We aim to support the local community based around the three foundations of:
Where we are going
Our future strategy will focus on the following three areas as we strive to both prove our impact and embed sustainability in everything we do:
- Staff development: through our workforc strategy; the ‘ FITC Development Academy’
- Community development: through programme delivery of our S.H.I.N.E outcomes and the operation of the Portland Centre.
- Income development: through the establishment of a corporate engagement network and the creation of an Income Development Plan focusing on the following four areas: Contracts and Commissions, Charitable Trading, Trusts and Foundations, Fundraising