EFDN celebrates 100 club members
In 2014, our founder Hubert Rovers launched the European Football for Development Network in partnership with seven professional football clubs with the aim of creating a European network of community engaged professional football organisations who use the power of football for social development. Almost seven years later, we are proud to welcome FC Twente from the Netherlands as our 100th official club member.
This is a great new milestone for our organisation, which we will celebrate in the following weeks and months with a special #EFDN100 campaign and ‘We are #MorethanFootball’ activities and events. All of these events aim to promote the social power of football, inspire and empower football organisations to use the social and connecting power of football across Europe, raise awareness of their projects, and contribute to a more inclusive society.
However, EFDN is not only the ‘go-to’ organisation in Community and Social Responsibility in European Football for professional football clubs, but EFDN is also the ‘go-to’ for national Football Leagues and national Football Associations. In 2019, it became possible for European Leagues and FAs to join our network and therefore, we are now already a network of 107 members. In 2021, we have the ambition to grow to a network of 135 clubs and more than 10 leagues and FAs.
Together, we are delivering numerous Pan-European programmes, and awareness campaigns like the annual #Morethanfootball Action Weeks and our Show Racism the Red Card Europe programme.
FACTS & FIGURES – EFDN since 2014
- More than 100 members in 29 countries
- More than 6 million euro raised for social programmes; 85% directly used for local delivery in deprived communities
- 25 Pan-European programmes on health, education, employability, social inclusion, social cohesion and environmental sustainability.
- 64 members have directly received funding through Pan-European programmes
- 10,000+ unique participants in our Pan-European programmes
- 6,000+ programme sessions delivered
- 450,000+ contact hours with beneficiaries
- 350+ people have participated in our EFDN Youth & Staff Exchanges
- 1,200+ attendees at EFDN Conferences
- Over 41 million people reached online during the 2020 #Morethanfootball Action Weeks
- EFDN members reach more than 1 million beneficiaries each year
Become a member or partner!
If you are interested in becoming a network member or a partner, please send your organisation information to email@example.com and we will contact you to discuss the opportunities. Find more information here.
Join our celebration by using #EFDN100 and #Morethanfootball on social media!