MORE THAN FOOTBALL AWARD NOMINEE – PFC LUDOGORETS
EFDN is presenting the candidates for the More than Football Award. From an array of high-quality submissions for the award, PFC Ludogorets’ ‘Improve Yourself’ project has been selected for the initial 10 projects longlist.
The goal of the More than Football Award is to honour the best social initiatives in Europe delivered by a European club, league or FA by celebrating the work they do on and off-pitch on local, national and international levels. The winner receives not only recognition for having implemented the most innovative and impactful Community and Social Responsibility programme in European football, but also wins a complete branded Mini-Pitch System modular sports solution which will be developed in partnership between the winning organisation, EFDN and sponsor Musco Lighting.
The shortlist will be announced on the 29th of September. Shortlisted organisations will be invited to present at the 16th EFDN Conference in Breda, The Netherlands (9-10 November). EFDN members will decide on the winner by voting.
As a project based on personal development, ‘Improve Yourself’ seeks to help people better themselves using the positive impact of football and sport in general. The project is a follow-up of the #LiveFriendship project that was started two years ago to help youngsters develop better communication skills. Although that project was halted due to the COVID-19 pandemic, a new spin-off emerged with similar objectives.
It caters to all age groups and mainly focuses on social development, personality development, community initiatives, healthy lifestyle and fostering inclusive environments – all achieved through various roadmaps. This project covers not only the young generation but also adults, who can set a good example, show their knowledge, skills and help the development of children, as well as give them guidelines.
The main project objectives are:
- Habits for a healthy way of life
- Creating useful learning habits and having a thirst for knowledge
- Alternative ways for being active at home
- Contributing to more accessible online environment for students
- Promoting charity campaigns
Some of the highlights:
- 14-year old football talents from the Ludogorets Academy got acquanted with the methodology of Mental Arithmetic for training the mind, concentration and coordination.
- PFC Ludogorets First team players took part in the More Than Football weeks as ambassadors promoting an active, healthy life, being a good example for young people.
- Live actively, take care of your health – the ball is in your hands. With this message Ludogorets wanted to celebrate the day of Health and thank the Health care workers for their dedication. Watch their video here.
- Together with the teachers from schools in Razgrad the club started the development of digital learning resources in subjects like mathematics, georgaphy and English language skills.
- A ladies’ club ‘Ladies of Ludogorets’ has been created within PFC Ludogorets which includes all the wives and girlfriends of the players and staff as well as all female employees of the club. The mission is to share experiences and knowledge from different cultures, to help foreign players and their families as well as creating charity campaigns, mainly aimed at children in the region.
MORE THAN FOOTBALL AWARD LONGLIST
See the full longlist here. Follow our EFDN social media channels for more updates on the award and CSR in football.