The Activate Healthy Lifestyle through Counselling for You (ActivU) project addresses the topic of encouraging participation in physical activity (PA), supporting the implementation of the Council Recommendation on health-enhancing PA, following EU Guidelines. The ActivU project aims to increase awareness and behavioural change in former active citizens with and without disabilities toward a healthy active lifestyle through the enrichment of counselling and also prescription procedures to enhance the effective use of physical activity and other health-related behaviours.
ActivU brings together 8 different sports, senior and education European organisations to certify practitioners (trainers) and to promote a healthy lifestyle among former active citizens (trainees). In total, 32 trainers and 64 trainees will work together in each of our 8 partner countries in a trainees programme. Before the trainee programme starts, former active citizens will be profiled and screened using a short-form measure, and trainers taught and certified to intervene with former active citizens through an e-training programme.
The main objectives of ActivU are to:
- Develop communities of practice for awareness and knowledge about active lifestyle among former active citizens, practitioners, academics, and sport/labour stakeholders
- Empower knowledge sharing and best practices with an emphasis on former active citizens’ behavioural change for healthy active lifestyle using e-learning material and trainee programmes monitored by specialised trainers.
- Inform the targeted groups about the specific condition of the healthy active lifestyle among former active citizens.
- Design and develop self-report measurement and e-learning content packaged in healthy active lifestyle to support former active citizens assessing their healthy active lifestyle.
- Increase sport stakeholders and policy makers’ awareness about the benefits of using online healthy active lifestyle resources for behaviour change of former active citizens.