Beyond the net – for girls
Catch-ball has recently caught on and therefore forms a great means for attracting girls into playing sports. The ‘Beyond the net’ program is specifically attuned to the “world of girls”. Through the use of catch-ball, the program aims to promote girls’ self-image and understanding their essential role in a morally just society. Catch-ball is based on volleyball, but is easier from a technical point-of-view and requires little physical strength to start off with: meaning that whoever wants to play – can.
The ‘Beyond the net’ program runs all over Israel
In a nutshell:
- Promotes self-esteem, a positive body image and self-efficacy among girls.
- Ages 8-11 and 12-13, all over Israel.
- Weekly professional soccer practices and social meetings.
Main learning goals include:
- Internalize moral, social and educational values.
- Strengthen social skills in team settings.
- Gain understanding in leadership.
- Understand the importance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle.