More Than Football Award 2023 Longlist announced!
The European Football for Development Network (EFDN) is proud to present the 10 organisations that have made the longlist for the #MoreThanFootball Award 2023!
The following ten clubs and their respective projects have been chosen to advance to the next round of selections, who will compete for the More Than Football Award 2023 powered by Musco Lighting.
LONGLIST SELECTION & PROJECTS
- Falkirk Foundation – Centre Forward
- FCM Samfund – Together on the field (Sammen går vi på bannen)
- Ferencvárosi Torna Club – I’ll become a Fradist!
- Foundation 92 – Safer Places Greater Manchester
- KRC Genk FRZA! – KRC Jongdementie Café
- Legia Foundation – #ReadyToHelp Refugees from Ukraine
- The St Johnstone Community Trust – Saints Academy INclusion Through Sport (SAINTS)
- Willem II Betrokken –Rabo Willem II Foodtour
- FC Twente – Anders Inburgeren (Different Integration)
- Istanbul Başakşehir FK – Recycle for Football Guide
Football has always been more than just a game. The purpose of the More Than Football Award is to honour the best Community & Social Responsibility initiatives implemented by a European club, league or FA. The Award winner receives not only recognition for having delivered the most innovative and impactful programme in European football, but also a club-branded Mini-Pitch System™ powered by Musco Lighting is rewarded!
Keep an eye out on our website this week as we will be releasing each day, one of the 10 longlisted clubs’ projects!
The shortlist of four organisations will be announced on 11th of September 2023. The applicants selected for the shortlist are invited to make a 15-minute presentation of their project at the 20th EFDN ‘Making Football Matter’ Conference which will be organised in Athens, Greece, from 13-15 November 2023. The attending EFDN members will choose the winning organisation. The winner will be announced during the More Than Football Award 2023 Gala on Tuesday, November 14th and receives a fully branded Musco Lighting mini-pitch for its community activities.