The European Football for Development Network is legally established as the EFDN Foundation. The primary task of the Foundation is the development and administration of the EFDN network which includes:
- Facilitation of the network and its activities, ensuring cooperation among the clubs, leagues and FAs;
- The organisation of the bi-annual EFDN conferences and meetings and seminars related to the various ongoing EFDN programmes;
- Project management of the European exchange and community programmes;
- Collaboration with member clubs, leagues and FAs and/or their affiliated CSR foundations to develop new concepts, methods and initiatives;
- Facilitating sponsorships and partnerships to support EFDN members in improving the quality and impact of their local community projects;
- Maintaining the online learning platform/database for members to share best practices, knowledge and learnings amongst the network;
- Continuous analysis and assessment of the social engagement of professional football clubs in Europe with a view to setting up potential new collaborations and growing the network.
We develop meaningful, mutually beneficial partnerships with government agencies, major corporations, federations and some of the world’s biggest NGO’s. The Foundation is a leader in the field of corporate social responsibility within sport and development and supports governmental and non-governmental organisations within the fields of sport, economics, education, science and development.