EFDN STEM Education programme selected for financial support
EFDN is proud to announce that the EFDN STEM Football & Education Programme has been selected for financial support from UEFA Foundation for Children. STEM – Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics – is the field that helps children learn how to program, make codes, and understand technological devices. Statistics tell us there are currently more than a million job vacancies in the STEM industry, while at the same time only 16% of college students graduate in STEM fields or subjects. Demand for STEM jobs increased three times between 2000 and 2010, and continues to grow, with many new fields and professions emerging each day. Read more about the new projects that EFDN will launch together with eight members in December below.
EFDN STEM Football & Education Programme
- European Football for Development Network (the Netherlands)
- Morton in the Community (United Kingdom)
- PFC Ludogorets (Bulgaria)
- PSV Eindhoven (the Netherlands)
- Shakhtar Social (Ukraine)
- Newcastle United Foundation (United Kingdom)
- Feyenoord Rotterdam (the Netherlands)
- Aberdeen FC Community Trust (United Kingdom)
- Legia Foundation (Poland)
Project aims and objectives
- Data Gathering: assessment of existing activities via a range of research methods, including: primary research via interviews with key stakeholders and participating organisations, and secondary research via case study research and literature review.
- Test and develop the STEM Education Football Programme methodology in primary and secondary schools.
- Evaluate, adjust and further develop the methodology.
- Development of STEM Education Football Programme training materials, local delivery plan, partnership plan and quality guidelines.
- Dissemination of STEM Education Football Programme Resources and organisation of a dissemination event in 2022.
- Develop and maintain an online platform with all programme resources.
Virtual STEM Network Conference
Are you interested in STEM education? EFDN and partner Sphero invite all interested clubs, leagues and FAs to the first virtual EFDN STEM Network Conference. The conference will be held online on 28 January, 2pm – 4pm (CET). The aim of the event is to share information on STEM education. Clubs, leagues and FAs can register here.