Fundación Alcoraz has the purpose of transmitting the ethical and moral values of SD Huesca to society, as well as preserving the memory of the club and giving back to community.
The Foundation is a non-profit organisation founded in 2007, whose aim is the promotion of sport and more specifically football, using it as a tool to promote educational values, fight against marginalisation and social exclusion, as well as to promote a healthy lifestyle.
FUNDACIÓN ALCORAZ PROGRAMMES:
- Donate your boots: Football boots recycling. The Foundation organises together with a regional company the collection of sports shoes to send them to marginalised areas in Africa.
- Route of Values: Event carried out throughout the province of Huesca in which first team players transmit values of football and sport such as effort, enthusiasm and commitment by talking and lecturing.
- Race against cancer – Huesca: Fundación Alcoraz organises this popular race in the city of Huesca, which in its last edition before Covid had more than 4,500 participants.
- Gender equality programme: Women’s teams. A few years ago, the women’s sports section was created in the club, and they have already 7 teams in the club.
- Genuine League Team: The foundation manages the team of 30 players with intellectual disabilities together with Cadis, carrying out an annual training programme and competing frequently.
- Collaboration projects with Aspace (Association of people with cerebral palsy): With this association, Fundación Alcoraz carries out several activities, such as the collaboration in the Aspace march with 8000 participants. Also, they are currently finalising a project for the construction of a dining room (Ladrillosolidario.org).
PARTICIPATION IN EFDN PROGRAMMES:
- Show Racism the Red Card Europe: Fundación Alcoraz from SD Huesca joined our anti-racism and anti-discrimination campaign in March 2021.