Newcastle upon Tyne
Newcastle United Foundation
We are Newcastle United’s charity but we are independent of Newcastle United Football Club. Since 2008, we, Newcastle United Foundation, have been proudly harnessing this power and excitement to effect positive change.
Football gets through to people and we use it to connect, engage and inspire in ways that others simply cannot. We coach, mentor, educate and provide opportunities to communities that truly need them, reaching over 58,000 people each year across Newcastle, Gateshead, North Tyneside and Northumberland through a wide range of sporting, education and health programmes.
From children to adults, we work with generations in our community. People we help:
• Disabled children and adults
• Young adults who are not in education training or employment
• Adults who want to improve their health and wellbeing
• Disadvantaged young people eight to 18
• Women and girls
• Primary school and secondary school children
• Families to enjoy sport and learning together
Main aims and activities: To promote active and healthy lifestyles, particularly in disadvantaged communities, To inspire people to learn and reach their potential and to help build safe, strong, active communities We do this by using the Newcastle United brand to engage, inspire and motivate.
Interventions include sport and physical activity programmes, health and wellbeing initiatives, youth services and education and employability courses. We are unique in our ability to:
• Engage people that others cannot reach by using the Newcastle United brand as a hook and a vehicle to bring about change
• Recruit committed and motivated staff who are skilled at helping people realise their potential
• Build strong partnerships that compliment and strengthen our work. The strength and reach of the Newcastle United brand in this city is unique. Each year we help thousands of local people take small steps to make big changes, using football to turn the ordinary into the extraordinary, to turn dreams into goals, on the pitch, in the classroom and in life. We understand how to engage with hard to reach or excluded communities. We work in partnership with others organisations to complement and strengthen our work. With four outstanding Patrons in Gabby Logan, Jonathan Edwards, Shola Ameobi and Bob Moncur, eight committed Trustees, three experienced senior managers and 150 talented coaching and education staff, we have the skills and expertise to deliver this project. Our team will make a difference.
Newcastle United Foundation uses the power of football to motivate and inspire people to be more active, to participate in a wide range of sports, to learn, to be more employable, to be healthier, to overcome obstacles, to respect themselves and each other, to have fun and to reach their potential.
Vision: A united community, full of passion, pride and potential. Football has an extraordinary power in our region. It connects, motivates, inspires and engages. From children to adults, we work with generations in our community. We are proud of our history but even more excited for our future.
Charitable Mission: Our mission is to use the local passion for football to encourage learning and promote healthy lifestyles that will make a real difference to the lives of children, young people and families in our region.