Aston Villa Foundation
Aston Villa Foundation is a registered charity that delivers projects and activities in Birmingham across four key themes; sport & recreation, health & wellbeing, education & development, and inclusion & community cohesion.
Their mission is to use Aston Villa Football Club as a vehicle to impact on local people, neighbourhoods and communities by addressing key local priorities.
This is aimed to be achieved by working effectively in three key areas:
- Delivering a portfolio of projects and interventions across our four strategic themes.
- Collaborate and work in partnership with other organisations and key stakeholders to maximise available resources, expertise and impact.
- Strengthening our role and relationships in the local community.
As a registered charity, The Aston Villa Foundation’s work would not be possible without the fantastic support of organisations and individuals.
We aim to continue to grow and deliver innovative programmes of the highest quality to support people across Birmingham and beyond.
Engagement with Birmingham
One of the aims of the club is to ensure that the fanbase is reflective of the city and region that the club is based in. Birmingham and surrounding areas are rich with diversity and the wonderful aspect of Villa Park is that they are able to bring that diversity together under one name – Aston Villa.
However the aim is not only to give their fans and community a great welcome and fantastic experience at Villa Park but to go out and meet people in their own communities.
The club and foundation attend all the major events that are organised by the City Council as well as more localized events run by different community groups. We want everyone to know that they are welcome at Villa Park and that Aston Villa welcomes their support and the best way to do this is going out and meeting people.
This is being done by focusing on 4 key areas:
- Sport & Recreation – Encouraging young people to get active and participate in football and sports is a key aspect of our work.
- Health & Well-being – The Aston Villa Foundation aims to tackle health issues affecting young people, including childhood obesity.
- Education & Development – Education and improving skills and employability are key issues within the Birmingham area.
- Inclusion & Community Cohesion – In a city rich with diversity it is important to ensure that we live and work harmoniously together.
Aston Villa Football Club are proud to support our British Armed Forces and maintain strong working relationships with the Army, Navy, Marines and Royal Air Force. We recognize the hard work and dedication of the military, and offer continual support where we can to serving personnel.
The club has an unconditional agreement with the Royal Centre for Defence Medicine (RCDM), at the QE Hospital in Birmingham, offering support in the rehabilitation of many injured servicemen and contribute to their welfare when possible.