FUNDACIÓN REAL BETIS BALOMPIÉ
Fundación Real Betis believe that football can be used as a tool to promote educational values, to contribute to the fight against marginalisation and social exclusion, as well as to promote healthy life habits among children and young people.
Every year, Fundación Real Betis supports more than 300 organisations that work in the social or environmental sector, mainly in Seville and Andalusia. Each Season, the Foundation addresses a long list of initiatives to continue their work to improve social, economic and environmental factors within the community, being aware that social responsibility is increasingly important in any type of organisation, but much more so in a club like Real Betis Balompié, where the value of feelings and emotions are always present.
The foundation follows the guidelines established by the historical and philosophical values and the universal social dimensions of Real Betis Balompié. To achieve this, Fundación Real Betis Balompié developed different programmes and activities to give back to society, in the way that the Betis fans give to the club every day.
Fundación Real Betis operates the following programmes:
- Community Programme- with this project the Foundation uses the Club’s resources and brand for charitable purposes. This includes donations of t-shirts and merchandising, stadium tours, training sessions and matches to more than 250 organisations, working on social causes in Seville, Andalusia, Spain and the world.
- Equality Programme- The RBB Foundation has supported equality projects and campaigns against gender-based violence, especially aimed at the Club’s youth teams. Among them, the Foundation carries out Equality and Sports Workshops, with the participation of children, both women & men’s youth teams and with the Real Betis Futsal First Team. In addition, the Foundation supports the Creative Drawing Competition for Equality and Against Gender Violence, organised by the Seville Government Sub-delegation with 3,380 participants from more than 70 public, private and concerted schools in the province.
- Homeless People Programme: Through the Homeless People Programme, The RBB Foundation has participated in the “Sheltering Christmas ” event, with the NGO, SOS Ayuda Sin Fronteras.
- International Cooperation Programme: RBB Foundation collaborates in different educational and sports initiatives around the world. This includes donations of sports equipment to schools and international cooperation on projects in different countries, specifically; Venezuela, Peru, India, Equatorial Guinea, Cuba, Tanzania, Angola, Morocco, Japan, Mali, Ethiopia, Western Sahara, Jordan, Mexico and Iran.
- Health programme: The Fundación Real Betis’ Health Programmes include different initiatives. Among them: “Donate green”, a campaign for blood donations to be made at the Regional Blood Transfusion Center in Seville; support for the “Blue Roof project” of the El Gancho Infantil Foundation in the University Hospital Virgen del Rocío for the construction and maintenance of a therapy garden at the Children’s Hospital; a campaign to collect toys for children hospitalised in the oncology area of the Virgen del Rocío Hospital in collaboration with the Seville Police Headquarters; visit at Christmas by the first team and the sections to the children’s plants in four hospitals in Seville: Virgen de Valme University Hospital, University Hospital Virgen del Rocío, Virgen Macarena University Hospital and Viamed Santa Ángela Hospital; donation of 18 chairs for the Children’s Oncology area of the Virgen del Rocío Hospital thanks to the collection of the Real Betis Féminas match against Santa Teresa de la Liga Iberdrola; donation of equipment to ELA Andalucía to improve the quality of life of patients and families with this disease thanks to the collection of the women football city derby.
- Poverty and Inclusion programme: The Foundation collaborates in the following campaigns, projects and events:Plush collection campaign thanks to which 8,000 stuffed animals were distributed among entities that work with vulnerable children in the province of Seville. Christmas Sweets Collection Campaign that benefited 4 social canteens of Seville capital. Campaign with the Food Bank to collect Milk, obtaining 3,072 liters. Support for the Project Educating at the Street of Jorge Morillo for integration and education in values through football of boys and girls from neighborhoods at risk of exclusion in Seville. I Real Betis Integra Tournament with Obra Social La Caixa, whose objective is to promote and support social inclusion through football of girls at risk of exclusion, granting 2 Scholarships for the Real Betis Football School reached 64 beneficiaries. “Monsalvete Jesús Obrero” Sports Club Project to bring soccer closer to minors and young people from the Seville neighborhood of the Three Thousand Homes benefiting 80 athletes.
- Disability programme: Beyond the debut of Real Betis in the League Genuine, the most significant milestones are the following: Celebration of Disability Day with multiple awareness activities previously to the match against Real Sociedad. Basketball and sports inclusion clinic with the organization Incluocio and participation of basketball team players. Visit of several first team players to the ASPACE center on its 25th Anniversary. Sponsorship by the Real Betis Balompié Foundation and donation of a car adapted for people with severe physical disabilities to the NGO Chariots of Fire for the Marathon of Seville. Joint training of the Real Betis Futsal first team with the blind people futsal team from ONCE Sevilla. Visit to the first team training and joint football practice for blind people with ONCE group of visually impaired people. Joint training of the first team of Real Betis Futsal with team from the Andalusian Public Foundation for the Social Integration of People with Disabilities Mental (FAISEM) of the province of Seville. Participation in the third International Conference about accessibility organized by the Center for Football Accessibility in Europe (CAFÉ), at the San Mamés stadium, in Bilbao. Sponsorship, with the contribution of sports equipment for referees, technical team and volunteers, at the Boccia European Championship, held in the San Pablo Pavilion.