Show Racism the Red Card
In collaboration with network members Brentford FC Community Sports Trust, Chelsea FC Foundation, Club Brugge Foundation, Inter Campus, Rangers Charity Foundation, Ferencvarosi Torna Club, Fundacao Benfica, SV Werder Bremen, and project partner Geef Racisme de Rode Kaart, EFDN delivers the Show Racism the Red Card programme.
Show Racism the Red Card (SRtRC) is a 24-month anti-racism and anti-discrimination programme which is based on the proven concept of the Red Card Campaign delivered in several European countries. SRtRC utilises the high-profile status of football and football players to help tackle racism in society. The project aims to raise awareness of diversity, foster social cohesion, and reduce physical and verbal violence linked to racism.
Raising awareness and educating young people
The majority of the campaign’s output is an awareness-raising campaign in stadiums and in grassroots clubs. The programme includes the education of young people and adults in schools, workplaces and at events held in football stadiums. Furthermore, EFDN and clubs will produce European media campaigns and organise engaging events to promote equality. The participating clubs will share best practices and will create, adapt or further develop educational resources.
The main objectives of Show Racism the Red Card are:
- Raise awareness of diversity
- Foster tolerance and social cohesion
- Reduce physical and verbal violence linked to racism
- Make society aware of negative impact of racism on individuals
- Produce European media campaigns and engage with multiplier clubs/ sport organisations
- Create high-quality, comprehensive and transferable educational materials