SDG Striker is a project coordinated by Ecoserveis (ECO), a non-profit organisation specialised in environment and energy which has been working at the local and environmental level to promote sustainability since 1992 and is a leading reference in energy culture in Spain. The project is funded by the ERASMUS+ Programme of the European Union.
Its goal is to increase the organisational capacity for Good Governance in grassroots sports organisations by assisting them to implement and communicate the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This will be achieved through ad hoc action at the local level so they can align themselves with European national and local public policy on the SDGs and by developing a joint understanding about best practices before, during and after being tested, and assess their potential for replication across the national federation and beyond national borders.
To achieve these goals, the project participants designed three pilots that will be implemented in Europe to provide an example of incorporation of the SDGs as a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) framework for improving the good governance in three grassroots sports organisations. These practices will be evaluated and validated from an academic point of view.
- a pilot on photovoltaics potential and feasibility on sport facilities, implemented in Portugal,
- a pilot on microplastics, implemented in Norway,
- and a pilot on reducing energy bills in facilities and vulnerable families in Scotland.
The project partners:
- Ecoserveis (ECO)
- Energieinstitut an der Johannes Kepler Universität Linz (EI-JKU)
- European Football for Development Network (EFDN)
- Portugal Football Federation (FPF)
- Norwegian Football Association (NFF)
- Scottish Football Association (SFA)